Research Fellow (Civil Structure Engineering)
The Research Fellow’s primary job scope is to drive research tasks, manage an innovation project, and ensure that all project deliverables are met.
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with the industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT. The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on a statutory board funded project where you will be part of a research team looking into the adoption of fibre concrete in underground structures by holistically examining structure design approaches, construction methods, and concrete material technology.
- Identifying and evaluating site and system constraints to develop design approach.
- Source and procure material for mix design including supplementary cementitious material and fibres.
- Develop mix design for fibre concrete to meet performance requirements.
- Carry out mechanical testing on the fibre concrete material.
- Procure and manage all relevant lab resources and software including carrying out associated risk assessment and ensuring compliance with Work, Safety, and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Experience designing underground cut and cover structures to structural design code EN1992-1 and materials standard SS 544.
- Familiar with underground cut and cover structure construction practices.
- Proficient in concrete casting and mechanical testing of concrete.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Post-graduate degree (minimum) in civil engineering or equivalent.
Applications close: 30 Jun 2023 Singapore Standard Time