Professional Officer (All Levels) in Firmware / Software Engineering
The Professional Officers Division (POD) houses a centralized pool of academic staff under the Professional Officers scheme. Professional Officers come with specialised and deep technical skills acquired through extensive industry experience. They form the talent pool which brings a much-needed industry perspective to student learning. They facilitate applied learning and applied research in SIT, complementing the academic expertise of the faculty to bring industry practices and applications into the curriculum. Professional Officers leverage on their industry experiences to create authentic learning environments, where discovery and innovation take place. They act as coaches and mentors to students during practical learning activities such as laboratory sessions, Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Professional Officers could also lead or work with faculty on industry innovation projects to provide solutions to the industry. In addition to their role in applied learning and applied research, Professional Officers manage the centralised laboratory facilities and resources in SIT. With Technical Officers, laboratory safety professionals, and administrators in POD, they jointly develop central policies and processes for the safe and seamless operation of laboratories in SIT.
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- A degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline. Possessing a Masters degree, PhD degree and relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years working experience in embedded firmware and/or software applications in an engineering environment.
- Knowledge in Vue, High chart software or MQTT will be advantageous.
- Proficient in programming languages such as C#, C/C++, Python and Java
- Hands-on experience in embedded system design and implementation (IoT, sensors, Single Board Computers, Microcontroller)
- Knowledge related to Machine Learning or AI will be advantageous.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure that the project can meet the milestones adhering to the stipulated timeline
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring industry perspective to SIT.
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency to keep abreast of development in the field and pursue professional certification programs. Possess industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Passionate about training, coaching and mentoring students/junior practitioners.
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with people within and external to the university.
- Flexibility to work across functions/teams as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Self-directed learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Proficient in technical writing and presentation
- Possess good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Shows good initiative and takes ownership of work undertaken