Lecturer (Engineering Design and Innovation Centre)
The Engineering Design and Innovation Centre (EDIC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking an educator-track faculty member to lead and supervise multi-disciplinary projects and to teach courses at the undergraduate and Master’s level. EDIC offers exciting project-based learning programmes (the undergraduate Innovation and Design Programme and the Master of Science in Engineering Design and Innovation) that aim to train engineering graduates of the future. It aspires to be the thought leader in design and innovation and wishes to attract top passionate educators who are excited by this opportunity.
Candidates with at least one of the following expertise are eligible to apply:
- Experience in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Strong skills in robotics / electrical / electronic firmware / mechanical design and development.
- Experience in UI / UX / HCI / AR / VR.
- Experience with data analytics and data driven design.
- Experience in developing mechanical systems related to vehicular technology (e.g. autonomous vehicles, energy efficient vehicles, etc.).
- Experience in teaching design thinking or industrial design will be an added advantage.
Aside from experience in any of the above areas, he/she should have a strong passion in engaging and nurturing students and be ready to take ownership of the projects. A demonstrated track record in leading bold and creative projects would be a definite advantage.
While we expect the candidate to have earned a Ph.D. degree in either Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Engineering, we also welcome applicants from other engineering or related disciplines, as well as applicants with a Master’s degree who have knowledge or real experience in starting an enterprise. The candidate is expected to supervise multi-disciplinary groups of students who generally have interests in entrepreneurship.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Dean's Office (College of Design & Eng)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20806