Research Engineer, Metabolic Engineering
We are seeking highly motivated researchers to join our group at National University of Singapore for the development of microbes for biomanufacturing, a field which is rapidly developing and has great potential in providing environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions to address our ongoing challenges.
Our group @ NUS (https://engbio.syncti.org) specializes in Synthetic Biology in which we engineer microbes with useful capabilities for medical and industrial applications and we are part of SynCTI at NUS (https://syncti.org). The project is funded by TTI GAP program.
The candidate will be primarily work on characterizing the engineered microbes for the production of high value chemical.
- Operating the characterization equipment, such microplate reader, HPLC, etc.
- Performing biomolecular and biology experiments, such as culturing cells, PCR, Gel electrophoresis, transformation, plasmid extraction, etc.
- Present scientific and technical data in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ensure scientific integrity and documentation of experimental data to meet standards suitable for intellectual property, and publication.
- To work closely with colleagues/collaborators who are engineering the microbes.
- Possess a Bachelor degree in Biomedical engineering, or other related fields with relevant research experience
- Knowledge and lab skills in biochemistry, or life science, or biomedical engineering, or engineering biology, or synthetic biology.
- A demonstrated record of identifying and developing creative approaches to difficult problems.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and communicating effectively with members of other functional groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Position offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate. Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20090