Research Associate, Data Science - Heat Resilience and Performance Centre
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main areas of responsibilities of the role will include but limited to the following:
- Working with research PIs and team on the analysis of data, utilising an array of methods and modelling techniques
- Performing literature searches, assimilating, and summarizing key information, as well as identifying knowledge gaps
- Support the coordination, collection and processing of data
- Establishing and managing large databases
- Generating reports and present data to relevant stakeholders
- Contributing to conference presentations and write papers for submission to peer reviewed journals
- Collaborating across teams, contributing to multiple research projects at once
The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the role of Research Associate with the Heat Resilience & Performance Centre (HRPC), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The HRPC is a first-of-its-kind research centre, established at the NUS, to spearhead and conduct research and development to better enable the future challenges arising from rising ambient heat. Appointments will be made on a two-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension.
We are looking for a Research Associate who is excited to be involved in research aimed at developing strategies and solutions that leverage on technology and data science to allow individuals to continue to live, work and thrive in spite of a warming world. This role will see you working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop heat health prediction models to be deployed with wearable systems
A minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (eg. statistics, mathematics, data science, computer science, computational biology, engineering.). Proficient in statistical software and programming languages and familiarity with relevant libraries.
In addition, the role will require the following job relevant experience or attributes:
- Keen interest in heat health and human performance
- Two or more years of research work experience would be an advantage
- Proven knowledge of data collection and analysis methods
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills and ability to write research reports for publication in reputable journals
- Resourceful and self-driven
- Adaptable and able to multitask well with clear follow-through
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Familiarity with machine learning and data analysis processes will be a plus.
- Willingness to travel off-site and outside routine hours for data collection and undertake further training in relevant data collection/analysis procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to the ongoing development of a positive organizational culture
- Willingness to contribute to a learning environment
The role is based in Singapore.
Prospective candidates can contact Ms Lydia Law at email@example.com.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20100