Senior Executive, Communications & Marketing
Short Description Job Description
- Implement a range of communications tasks which includes but not limited to developing media story angles, writing key speeches, in addition to arranging and coordinating media interviews for faculty and management.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media.
- Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, partners and media and assist to prepare responses to enquiries from media and organisations.
- Assist with the development of public relations/media relations strategies focused on high-level placements in print, broadcast, and digital channels to build university’s reputational capital.
- Work with the team to establish public relations/media relations plans that have actionable strategies for high-level placements.
- Perform analysis of the effectiveness of PR strategies and campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation of the university corporate collaterals such as annual reports, corporate slides, year-end greeting cards and corporate gifts as effective branding and relationship marketing tools.
- Collaborate with other teams such as marketing and designers to create promotional content.
- Participate in branding initiatives such as brand launch campaigns, university-level /government related events that will serve to build our brand reputation.
- Work with the team to liaise with local, regional, and international media on editorial opportunities, and help to generate targeted publicity in print and online business and related media platforms.
- Support any other matters/projects that may require assistance from time to time
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mass communication, public relations, events management, journalism, or related disciplines
- Minimum 1 to 3 year’s relevant experience in communications / public relations / marketing / corporate affairs / journalism / events management / community outreach
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong sense of responsibility and positive working attitude.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Always observe a code of strict confidentiality.