Post-doctoral Fellow / Senior Research Assistant in the Faculty of Social Sciences
Work type: Full-time
Department: Faculty of Social Sciences (30000)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow, Research Staff
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
Involve in the research team of the Jockey Club End-of-Life Community Care Project (www.JCECC.hk) to work on cutting-edge research and evaluation studies in end-of-life care.
Duties and responsibilities included:
- drive research activities towards defined goals and priorities within a specified timeline
- perform advanced level of data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- advance knowledge based on the data and disseminate it through peer-review journals or other means
- draft proposals, reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- liaise with project collaborators and partners
- mentor junior research staff
- support and perform other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, Counseling, Public Health, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Mental Health or a related discipline (Those with a Master’s degree plus at least 1 year’s post-qualification experience may be considered for appointment as Senior Research Assistant)
- good command of written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese) and English
- a strong sense of self-motivation, responsibility, and work ethics
- good analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- the ability to multi-task and work on a tight schedule to meet project deadlines
- the ability to work well independently and collaboratively as a team
- the capacity to develop and pursue a coherent research agenda
- the ability to develop a body of high-quality publications in scholarly journals with global impact
- proficiency in statistical software packages, including SPSS and R, for large and complex data analysis
- proven knowledge and experience in undertaking research related to end-of-life care is advantageous
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 1 or 2 years for Post-doctoral Fellow, and fix-term basis for 2 years for Senior Research Assistant, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V, quoting the job reference number, with information on current/expected remuneration and availability. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until August 31, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency