Associate Dean (Indigenous Strategy and Services)
- Indigenous Identified Role
- Member of the Faculty Leadership Team
- 0.5 FTE ADISS & 0.5 FTE Teaching and Research
About the opportunity
Informed by the 'One Sydney, Many People' strategy, the position of Associate Dean (Indigenous Strategy and Services) is a member of the faculty leadership team and has responsibility for the Indigenous Strategy and Services portfolio and for achieving its strategic and operational objectives. You will be primarily responsible for Indigenous engagement opportunities for students, researchers and lecturers.
This position is also responsible for collaborating and building positive working relationships with other Associate Deans in the Faculty and for working as part of the leadership team of the faculty to improve the cultural competence of the Faculty and build relationships.
A key focus of the role is to build a pipeline of Indigenous students into the undergraduate programs, as well as engaging and attracting Indigenous researchers and academic staff to the faculty and promoting the University of Sydney as an academic institution of choice proactively providing financial, academic, cultural and social support for Indigenous students, researchers and lecturers.
About you (Skills, Capabilities and Experience)
This position has been designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only under the provisions of section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- You will have a network of established relationships with key indigenous communities, industry, professional, and academic institutions. Experience in the science sector will be highly regarded including psychology, biology, geo science, maths, chemistry, physics, life and environmental sciences, veterinary science, history and psychology of science.
- You will have an understanding of governance, policy and compliance frameworks and the ability to translate strategy into operational plans and processes.
- You will have experience in people leadership and management ideally within the higher education / knowledge worker sector or large complex organisations such as corporate, consulting and/or professional services.
Term of appointment
The appointment for this role consists of a 0.5 FTE ADISS and a 0.5 FTE T&R academic position. After the initial term of 5 years, which is renewable, the role will transition into a full-time 1.0 FTE T&R position.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Salary sacrificing options are also available under the University's Flexible Remuneration Packaging Scheme. In addition to a competitive base salary, there are a wide variety of financial and non-financial benefits to staff.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Sydney
Where the successful candidate is required to move to Sydney from their present place of residence, the University will assist with reasonable air travel and relocation expenses for the candidate and accompanying family members.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a 1-2 page application letter to email@example.com.
For a copy of the role description or a confidential discussion, please contact Liska Turner at Omera Partners via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 09 July 2023 11:59 PM