Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration, and function.
We are seeking to recruit one Research Assistant to administrate and manage a Principal Investigator's laboratory.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator in an international and dynamic academic research environment. The candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- working jointly with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students, in a team, to help maintain the stock and availability of molecular cloning, cell culture reagents
- overseeing the administration and management of the Principal Investigator's lab (Purchase Order, ITQ, Grant management)
- being in direct contact with the Institute's finance team
- working with funding bodies (NUS, MOE, NRF)
- being an MBI Safety Lead for your team
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a research lab
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An open mind and the ability to rigorously tackle several projects
- Previous experience with performing administrative tasks within NUS is preferred, though not a prerequisite. Additional training will be provided.
Locals (Singaporean/PR) are highly encouraged to apply. Candidates should upload their CV as well as a list of their referees (and their contact information e.g. email address) in their online application.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19969