Chair (Associate Professor or Professor ) of Sustainable Transport Engineering
Job ID # 23213
- School of Science, Technology and Engineering |UniSC Moreton Bay Campus, Petrie
- Academic Level D.1 $156,123 or Level E.1 $200,928 p.a., plus 17% employer superannuation
- Full-time, ongoing
If you've ever considered relocating to Australia's glorious Sunshine Coast in Queensland, UniSC is offering a generous assistance package (and sponsorship where required) to support the relocation for the right candidate.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) and University of the Sunshine Coast (UniSC) have collaborated on an initiative that will see you champion strategic transport research and development at UniSC, whilst building mutual transport capability between UniSC and DTMR to address future transport opportunities in Queensland.
You will explore how transport infrastructure can become more sustainable by:
- enabling shift towards low and zero emission transport modes;
- developing low carbon infrastructure solutions that are more resilient;
- using advanced technologies and data to optimise infrastructure delivery and management; and
- enhancing the safety, accessibility, and journey experience for users.
You will boost local and industry capability at the graduate degree level and the technician level to find the solutions to build and manage our transport system of tomorrow. You will explore how transport technology is connected and integrated and how it enables advanced analytics, smarter control and highly valued client facing services by changing how we operate our transport network to be more customer-centric.
- foster a mutually beneficial relationship with TMR;
- champion UniSC's transport-related research and development activities;
- engage effectively with local, national and international industry; and
- be a strong advocate for future transport/sustainable transport and be clearly visible at the forefront of public discussion.
About University of the Sunshine Coast - UniSC
We're a young, vibrant, and rapidly growing university with a focus on sustainability, impact and community. As one of Australia's fastest growing universities, UniSC is ripe with opportunities for passionate, skilled and determined leaders who want to make an impact in higher education.
Our award-winning facilities span five campuses across Southeast Queensland, in regions renowned for their natural beauty, enviable lifestyles, diverse communities and rich cultural heritage. UniSC is the world's only university operating within three UNESCO Biosphere Reserves and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We are one of the most respected universities in Australia for our teaching quality, as acknowledged by our five-star rating in the Good Universities Guide - a title we have held since 2006.
UniSC is recognised as a global leader in sustainability principles. Our strong commitment to achieving sustainability is embedded in our teaching, research and how we operate, as evidenced by the 2023 Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings in which we are the top ranked Queensland university for 'Overall Impact.' UniSC is also ranked number one in Queensland for 'Climate Action', 'Clean Water and Sanitation', 'Life Below Water', 'Life on Land', and 'Zero Hunger.' These rankings are a welcome recognition of our research, teaching and stewardship work in these specialty areas.
We're focused on becoming Australia's most relevant university. This means our research explores the timeliest topics of our era, those with the most significance for the future. We have 26 research fields ranked at - or well above - world standard according to the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia Rankings.
UniSC's national and international research impact continues to grow exponentially. Since 2013, we have more than tripled our annual research income, and this is just the start of our story. We are young, ambitious, and determined to become Australia's premier regional university.
We warmly encourage you to join us on this journey.
Your extensive achievement in university-level teaching and learning will see you succeed in this balanced teaching and research role. Your ability and dedication to foster excellence in learning, teaching and research is a key attribute. You have an outstanding record in research of international standing and create highly effective research teams. You bring a collegial, collaborative, and supportive work ethic that empowers you to develop positive and effective working relationships with stakeholders including partners, industry, colleagues and students.
You will possess:
With appointment at either Associate Professor/Professor level, the successful appointee will have:
- completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant field and comprehensive experience as an academic;
- a clear and coherent research program with a strong track record of sustained and productive engagement in high quality research;
- effectiveness in teaching and educational innovation;
- effective mentoring to develop the research capability of mid and early career researchers; and
- success in academic administrative functions.
For an extensive list of the selection criteria applicable for appointment at either Associate Professor/Professor level, please refer to the position description available on our website.
** VISA sponsorship and immigration advice from our third-party lawyers, will be offered to the successful applicant by the university.
UniSC is an equal opportunity employer and has a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage people with disability; women in STEM; First Nations Peoples; and people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply. Should you require additional support, email email@example.com or phone +61 7 5430 2830.
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Professor Stuart Parsons
Dean, School of Science, Technology and Engineering
Telephone +61 7 5430 1217 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by midnight, Monday 10 July 2023
All applications must be lodged through our website. To apply please visit our website at https://www.usc.edu.au/about/work-at-unisc
A completed application includes:
- your current Academic CV.
- a statement of suitability not to exceed three pages. This statement should outline your skills, knowledge and qualities that will make you a success at UniSC.
Benefits of working at UniSC
UniSC is a community which recognises and embraces diversity among our staff, students and community partnerships. We provide an inclusive environment where each person feels they belong and are respected, connected and empowered to contribute and grow in meaningful ways.
UniSC is a proud recipient of the prestigious Athena SWAN Bronze Award, granted as part of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative which aims to address and improve gender equity in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) disciplines. Attaining an award is recognition of our ongoing commitment to improving gender equity and ensuring that women from diverse backgrounds, as well as underrepresented groups, are best positioned to reach their full potential.
UniSC offers career enhancement opportunities such as professional development and specialised leadership and management programs. We are an inclusive employer offering flexible work options, extensive and generous leave options. For more information, visit our website https://www.usc.edu.au/about/work-at-unisc/benefits-of-working-at-unisc
More searches like this
- Civil Engineering Senior Management & Heads of Department Moreton Bay jobs in Petrie
- Civil Engineering Heads of department / Chairs of department Moreton Bay jobs in Petrie
- Civil Engineering Academic Posts Moreton Bay jobs in Petrie
- Civil Engineering Professors / Chairs Moreton Bay jobs in Petrie
- Civil Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Moreton Bay jobs in Petrie