Post-doctoral Fellow/ Research Assistant Professor in the Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide
Work type: Full-time
Department: The Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention (30002)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow/ Research Assistant Professor in the Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention within the Faculty of Social Sciences (Ref.: 520868)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- assist the Principal Investigator in publication, managing and monitoring the projects implementation
- oversee data collection and data analysis
- prepare presentations, grant proposals and reports
- supervise junior research staff
- perform other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree, preferably with a multi-disciplinary education background, for example in Statistics, Data Science, Social Sciences, or related disciplines
- strong leadership, self-motivated and responsible
- an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- the ability to work on a tight schedule to meet project deadlines
- the ability to work independently and in a team
- knowledge of analysing quantitative research data using advanced statistical methods (e.g., MPlus, R) is preferred
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1-year temporary basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until June 30, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.