Learning Environment Technical Support Analyst
- Based in the Darlington Campus, providing on-site support to all of the University's student use teaching and learning venues
- Full time, fixed term opportunity until 13 October 2023
- Base Salary $79,717 - $89,256 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Learning Environment Technical Support Analyst provides IT support to all of the university's student use teaching and learning venues using their expert knowledge and problem-solving skills. Ensure that all equipment is functioning correctly and teaching and learning environment venues are properly maintained and any Work, Health and Safety are appropriately actioned.
The Learning Environment Technical Support Analyst makes decisions on how to best minimise disruption to teaching on any IT or WHS related issues. They will work independently and as part of a team to prioritise and schedule any reactive and preventative maintenance. They will collaborate with colleagues and other ICT teams to provide best in class solutions. The position has authority to raise warranty repair tickets with external suppliers and ensuring they are resolved within agreed SLA's.
Your key responsibilities will be
- provide IT assistance to University students and staff relating to university hardware, software and other related issues in teaching and learning venues
- organise warranty repairs with suppliers using agreed procedures ensuring they are completed within SLA's, escalating as required
- conduct routine operational procedures for ICT such as installations, upgrades, maintenance and hardware audits
- conduct preventative maintenance either using the remote administrative tools, or manually on site
- crovide professional customer service through technical support and advice to University students and staff on University owned devices and systems through a variety of channels
- communicate progress with stakeholders inside and outside ICT
- ensure that the venues, facilities, and any work carried out in venues follow and comply with the University of Sydney Workplace Health & Safety policy.
You will have
- certificate IV - Information Technology or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- work experience or equivalent experience in IT/AV related area
- ability to identify hardware and/or software issues in Windows and Mac environments
- demonstrated working and up-to-date knowledge of computer operating systems, common software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Internet browsers and email software), and computer networking principles
- committed to customer service excellence and the ability to deliver high quality results to the customer
- ability to provide support to customers with differing levels of technical experience and understanding
- ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external staff.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ryan Askey by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 18 June 2023 11:59 PM