Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cancer Immunotherapy
- Full time Fixed term until July 2025
- One position available for a, Research Fellow or Research Associate
- Base Salary from $100,717 (level A) to $134,403 (level B) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney recently appointed Professor Cameron Turtle as the CLEARbridge Chair in Cancer Immunotherapy. Professor Turtle's group develops genetically modified CAR-T cell immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Faculty of Medicine and Health has an opportunity for a Senior Research Fellow, Research Fellow or Research Associate with skills in molecular biology and gene editing to join the group.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- drive projects in gene editing for cancer immunotherapy
- support the design and oversee operations of research activities in the laboratory
- collect research data and prepare statistical analyses/reports
- coordinate the development and submission of research publications
- assist in drafting grant applications
- assist in training laboratory staff.
- possess a strong understanding of immunology and a desire to develop new immunotherapies
- the ideal candidate should have strong laboratory skills commensurate with experience in a range of molecular biology techniques, such as:
- Genome editing e.g. CRISPR-based approaches
- Plasmid design and cloning
- Transduction and transfection
- Reporter systems
- PCR and qPCR
- Library generation for single cell sequencing
- Lentivirus production
- AAV production
- Antibody production
- Protein production
- PhD in immunology, medical sciences and/or relevant experience in a related field
- proven experience in a biomedical research-intensive environment
- strong problem-solving skills paired with the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- ability to conceive, initiate, organise and manage projects, work independently, and manage small project teams
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 22 June 2023 11:59 PM