Post-doctoral Research Fellow, School of Architecture
Applications are invited for a Temporary post of a Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 within UCD School of Architecture.
Earth observation data (EO) data, especially hyperspectral remote sensing, is rapidly advancing and has become an integral part of hydrological modeling. We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Postdoctoral Researcher to join our interdisciplinary research team working on hyperspectral remote sensing and hydrological modelling.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and applying machine learning classification, deep learning feature detection, analysing terrestrial LiDAR and aerial drone data for flood risk mitigation. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to vital research and make a lasting impact on environmental conservation and management.
This is a research focused role, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training and development under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator.
The primary purpose of the role is to further develop your research skills and competences, including the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications, the development of funding proposals, the mentorship of graduate students along with the opportunity to develop your skills in research led teaching.
Include if relevant:
In addition to the Principal Duties and Responsibilities listed below, the successful candidate will also carry out the following duties specific to this project:
- Develop and implement machine learning classification and deep learning feature detection algorithms to analyze terrestrial LiDAR and aerial drone data.
- Apply remote sensing techniques and EO dataset to hydrological modelling.
- Conduct field surveys and collect ground truth samples using handheld GPS for model validation and accuracy assessment.
- Develop high-resolution base layers using survey results for further analysis.
- Hyperspectral remote sensing, EO data fusion, etc.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary research teams to design and execute research projects and experiments.
- Contribute to the preparation of research reports, scientific papers, and presentations for conferences and other relevant forums.
- Actively participate in research meetings and contribute to project planning and management.
- Mentor and support junior researchers and students as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 Salary: 42,033 - 48,427 per annum.
Appointment on the above range will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 20th of June 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/.