Contracts and Funding Administrative Officer
Come and join a dynamic, new, and growing Research team with many opportunities to progress and succeed!
- Showcase your exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Collaborative, innovative and supportive work environment
- The position is located at our Footscray Park Campus
- Flexible working arrangements and other employee benefits available!
About the Team
Come and join our dynamic, progressive, and growing Research team that supports all stages of the research funding life-cycle (pre and post award), develops high quality grants, ensures robust contract management processes, and administers compliance obligations. The team is committed to building the capability and professional development of its team members. We will work together with you to explore opportunities to develop and succeed here with us.
For a copy of the Research and Impact Portfolio Brochure, please click here to view it on our Careers at VU webpage.
The overall purpose of the Contracts & Funding Administrative Officer is to provide administrative support to the research contracting and funding functions. Under the direction of the Senior Research Contracts Lawyer, the role will support contract administration and workflow, as well as assist funding submission and post-award processes as directed by the Senior Manager, Research Funding and Development.
The role will have key responsibility for contracts and funding related data entry into the research management system and will provide assistance with internal communications and reporting obligations.
This is a full-time continuing position at a HEP 5, $71,012 - $81,568 classification plus 17% superannuation, working 36.75 hours (1 FTE) per week.
You will demonstrate initiative and exercise judgement in the provision of high level administrative support. The role requires you to possess the ability to work with relevant University systems and databases. Additionally, you will also be able to resolve problems that may arise within the scope of the position, and refer decisions concerning more unusual or complex situations to an appropriate senior team member.
- Provide administrative support to research contracting services, ensure the timely processing and execution of research contracts
- Maintain records of the University’s research funding applications, awards, and legal agreements.
- Triage emails received in the Research Funding inbox and monitor their timely resolution.
- Coordinate the distribution of information pertaining to University research activities, policies and procedure, including coordination of the Office newsletter.
- Assist with reporting to senior management on funding and contracting activities.
- Liaise effectively with organisational units and staff beyond the immediate unit to gather and provide information, and contribute to the requirements of research services.
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym and fitness centre and more!
How to apply
Please submit your application as a single document comprising your cover letter, CV, and your responses to the key selection criteria listed in the Position Description. To view the Position Description, please “Apply” to navigate to our careers site where it is linked.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae/resume
- Your responses addressing all key selection criteria located in the position description.
Applications close on Friday 30th of June 2023 at 5:00 pm.
For specific queries related to the role: please contact Gina Georgiou, Senior Research Contract Lawyer by email firstname.lastname@example.org