Course Review Officer
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Academic Excellence
- Opportunity to work closely with disciplines across the University to improve the quality of our Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses
- Full-time appointment on a fixed term basis to 24 December 2023
- Base salary range: Level 6 $84,665 – $89,477 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
Organisational reviews are an essential part of the University’s planning and quality assurance framework and provide valuable input into strategic planning activities, continuous improvement and accountability across the institution. Under the Higher Education Standards Framework, the University is required to undertake a cyclical review of its courses and academic units. The University is committed to a program of reviews of schools and other academic units as an integral part of its strategic planning and quality assurance process.
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic Excellence) is a diverse office within the Education portfolio that contributes significantly to oversight and future directions of the University’s coursework degrees. The Office has overall responsibility for monitoring, reporting and facilitating academic quality and standards.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general to broad direction, work with key stakeholders and be responsible for conducting and delivering Comprehensive Course Reviews in accordance with the University’s academic policies. You will coordinate, facilitate and monitor the timely and professional delivery of these reviews as well as provide Executive Officer and logistical support to key stakeholders. This also includes the collation and drafting of Review Reports.
You will be passionate about improving the quality of our courses. You will work collaboratively with academic staff members across the University to complete comprehensive reports on an evaluation of a course.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant experience at an appropriate level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including liaison, report writing and submission preparation
- Demonstrated experience in communicating, liaising, influencing, and working with diverse groups and at various organisational levels
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement, maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information about areas of an organisation
- Experience as a committee Executive Officer
- Curriculum management and / or course accreditation experience
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Course Review Officer - 514448.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday 21 June 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Cassy Allum on (08) 6488 8916 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.