Post Doctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineer
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on 3D printing of photonics devices including Fresnel lenses and optical sensors. As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Advanced Digital & Additive Manufacturing (ADAM) Center and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Background in 3D printing of optical devices
- Experience of polymers and UV based polymerization techniques
- Experience with optical characterization techniques
- Working knowledge characterization equipment such as Microscopy (SEM, ESEM, TEM, AFM), Material Testing (FTIR-MS, DSC, TGA), UV/Vis Spectrophotometry, and Contact Angle Measurements.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Mechanical Engi or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral
Fellow Schedule: Regular
Job Type: Full-time