Lecturer, Diploma in Creative Direction for Fashion
LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution with 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in arts and design. LASALLE provides a nurturing, interdisciplinary learning environment to inspire the next generation of forward-looking, globally engaged artists, designers and leaders of creative industries. Its faculty comprises a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, whose practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. LASALLE is ranked within the top 151-200 institutions globally for art and design (QS World University Rankings 2022). It is set to become part of Singapore’s new university of the arts, which is currently under development.
Lecturer (Diploma in Creative Direction for Fashion)
The School of Fashion, which resides within the Faculty of Design, seeks to appoint a Lecturer to teach in the Diploma programme in the School of Fashion. The School of Fashion offers a Diploma in Creative Direction for Fashion programme and two distinct Fashion Degree programmes in BA(Hons) Fashion Design and Textiles and BA(Hons) Fashion Media and Industries.
Reporting to the Dean, Head of School of Fashion and the Programme Leaders, your key responsibilities as Lecturer include academic preparation, teaching and delivery of specialised skills and cognitive based contents to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with teams within the programme and faculty in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the programme achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, academic administration and organisation, conduct assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also implement research practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established research profile. You will also contribute to the academic development of the programme where establishing an interdisciplinary curriculum is crucial; work as a member of the programme team to support the overall administration of the programme and be involved in specific programme activities, projects, exhibitions and other cross faculty initiatives. You will be expected to maintain an active and relevant research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, MA in related field (PhD preferred), or equivalent in a relevant design discipline.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate tertiary-level teaching experience in fashion, and at least 4 years of full-time industry experience and relevant professional practice in the fields of communication and media with focus on business for fashion, digital marketing, art direction and social media.
- Possess good knowledge of cultural and contextual studies and regular research practices in higher education specifically in fashion related areas.
- Good understanding of current educational and creative industry topics and issues.
- A passion for teaching with ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date 30 June 2023 or until position is filled.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.