Professor of Marketing, Director Newcastle International Hotel School
- Full-time Permanent
- Professor Level E
- World-leading regional university dedicated to making a positive impact in the community.
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We can’t do it without you.
The University of Newcastle is seeking a Professor of Marketing (Director Newcastle International Hotel School) to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be challenged and imagine with us
The University of Newcastle's Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with AACSB and EQUIS. Newcastle Business School is renowned for excellence in internationally relevant research and industry engagement. Academic staff members are leaders in their research disciplines and are published consistently in top international and national journals. Our research priorities and strengths reflect the areas in which we are contributing considerably across the business domain.
The Professor of Marketing (Director Newcastle International Hotel School) will be responsible for leading the development of the International Hotel School, positioning the Newcastle Business School and University as a practice-oriented institution.
- In addition to activity in the Hunter Region, it is anticipated that the role will require a commitment to engage with relevant industry internationally, in major cities featuring high levels of business intensity and capital, and locations housing state and national government agencies.
- The role will require periodic dynamic working arrangements including the maintenance of regular contact with internal and external stakeholders.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land), in close proximity to our world-leading Q Building.
How will you become part of our community?
The successful candidate will have extensive academic expertise in marketing, combined with experience in hotel management and/or the hospitality/event sector.
- Significant academic and professional experience in marketing, hotel management, or hospitality/event management
- A strong record of high-quality research and publications in top international and national journals
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience in engaging with industry and government agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to collegiality, teamwork, and leadership.
The successful applicant will be a key senior member of the Newcastle Business School, contributing to the delivery of the University of Newcastle's Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020–2025.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is $196,124 + 17% superannuation + relocation assistance. An attractive remuneration loading may be considered, commensurate with skills and experience.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
To request a copy of the candidate information brochure please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Click the Apply button to be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page where you will find a guide on how to apply and gain access to the job description.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Professor James Skinner, Head of School on (02) 4055 0918.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday, 6 July 2023 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you