Professor of Business and Industry Engagement
- Full-time Permanent
- Professor Level E
- World-leading regional university dedicated to making a positive impact in the community.
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We can’t do it without you.
The University of Newcastle is seeking a Professor of Business and Industry Engagement to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be challenged and imagine with us
The University of Newcastle's Business School has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with AACSB and EQUIS. Newcastle Business School is renowned for excellence in internationally relevant research and industry engagement. Academic staff members are leaders in their research disciplines and are published consistently in top international and national journals. Our research priorities and strengths reflect the areas in which we are contributing considerably across the business domain.
As the Professor of Business and Industry Engagement, you will work closely with senior university colleagues, external industry leaders, and the Dean/Head of School of Business to strategically position the School. You will establish new initiatives that enhance its external profile and reputation, and create entrepreneurial opportunities for students, as well as industry-driven research and funding opportunities.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Newcastle City Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land), in close proximity to our world-leading Q Building.
How will you become part of our community?
The successful applicant will be a key senior member of the Newcastle Business School, contributing to the delivery of the University of Newcastle's Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020–2025.
- Provide research leadership and drive a program of research that will bolster the School's international research reputation.
- Combine extensive academic expertise with a proven ability in industry engagement.
- Work at the intersection of research and practice to facilitate translation and knowledge transfer.
- Proven ability to build high-level industry and external partnerships at the local, national, and international level.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to build relationships within the school as well as across the University by embracing an interdisciplinary approach, are also desirable criteria.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is $196,124 + 17% superannuation + relocation assistance. An attractive remuneration loading may be considered, commensurate with skills and experience.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
To request a copy of the candidate information brochure please contact email@example.com
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
Click the Apply button to be redirected to the advert on our University of Newcastle jobs page where you will find a guide on how to apply and gain access to the job description.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Professor James Skinner, Dean/Head of School on (02) 4055 0918.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 July 2023 at 11:59 pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you