Mechanical & Electrical Manager
Full time, Permanent
THE POST – Mechanical & Electrical Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen with in the Estates & Campus Services team for a Mechanical and Electrical Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will have an integral role in the team and will contribute significantly to the estate function with regard to all mechanical & electrical services.
The successful candidate will have a multi-campus remit and will be responsible and accountable to the Operations Manager (Technical) for providing support and assistance on all aspects of installation, maintenance and development of mechanical & electrical building services or related project installations, and shall contribute to the operation, sustainability and energy conservation in relation to mechanical & electrical building services and associated equipment within the University estate.
This role is a management position, however the post holder will be required to be actively involved in the maintenance, repair and operation of systems throughout the estate to support the needs of the organisation
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A relevant degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or Recognised time served city and guilds (or equivalent) in a mechanical or electrical discipline with experience at management level A strong Mechanical or Electrical background
- Experience of working in a maintenance / operations environment.
- Experience of mechanical and electrical engineering systems, commissioning, operation, maintenance and performance
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) software
- Experience in the use of a building management system
- Proven track record in optimising maintenance contracts management.
- Experience in people management and customer care
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Accomplished in maintenance management including the establishment and control of planned preventive maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance systems.
- Strong client service skills with proven ability to develop long term relationships based on trust and credibility.
- A full, clean and current driving licence
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Interview Date: Wednesday, 19th July 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.