Technician, School of Medicine
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discuss with module leads on the various practical details and inform on the safety concerns about the practical.
- Coordinate with colleagues and oversee the preparation of reagents and instruments according to the various practical requirements.
- Conduct trial run and troubleshooting for the protocols, collect data, and inform module lead.
- Provide technical assistance to students and module leads during the practical.
- Responsible for regular lab housekeeping and maintenance, such as instrument calibration, cleanliness, procurement etc., and ensure proper storage, recording, and disposal of lab wastes, chemicals, and reagents.
- Provide assistance to research and admin staff where necessary, including but not limited to reading research papers, experimentation, invigilation, School activities etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical or Life Sciences or above (candidate with sufficient relevant working experience is preferred).
- Proficient in using basic lab equipment and familiar with basic molecular and cell biology techniques (skills and experience in animal work, physiology lab practical and/or anatomy dissection will be an advantage).
- Proficiency in English (writing and comprehension) and basic IT skills.
- Possess strong communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Possess sense of urgency and rectify problems as soon as it occurs, and take responsibility for own and team’s actions.
- Strong adaptability to stressful work environment, and willingness to learn and develop oneself both professionally and personally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com