Associate Director, Enterprise Applications
- Full-time appointment on a 5-year fixed-term basis
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in digital to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
Robust, flexible, integrated and agile enterprise architecture, information and technology services are vital to enabling the university strategic objectives.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, lead the Enterprise Applications Team in line with the university requirements, the information and technology strategy and the enterprise architecture.
You will oversee the management of IT-enabled business change through modernised and integrated enterprise platforms and processes. You will work closely with the CIO, IT leadership team and the senior university stakeholders to contribute to the information and technology services strategic planning and their transformation to an integrated, agile and innovative set of services. As a leader, you will drive a culture that fosters a positive working environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. You will be expected to embed our cultural principles in everything you do and hold yourself and colleagues accountable.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in leading a large team to transform legacy codebases to a cloud-first architecture and platform-based approach in a large enterprise
- Demonstrated understanding of the IT industry application standards and their application in the higher education sector especially:
- Azure Integration Services
- Aligning team processes to development industry best practices incorporating CI/CD pipelines and development management such as Azure DevOps
- Proven ability to design and implement business change at all levels, including Agile, product focus, business process design, impact assessment, stakeholder engagement, user education and delivery of business-related outcomes and benefits
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business context, and apply sound judgement in staff, financial and vendor management
- Proven ability to communicate with significant influence, establish positive stakeholder relationships at all levels and negotiate competing priorities with proven ability to interact professionally with clients
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - AD, Enterprise Applications - 514726.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday 20th June 2023
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact Carla Schurmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.