Advisor, Strategy Design
- Full time, continuing opportunity for an Advisor, Strategy Design to contribute to the design and development of University strategies
- Seeking your exceptional insight, analytical and stakeholder engagement skills
- Base Salary $129,847 - $137,008 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University's Strategy Portfolio is looking for an Advisor, Strategy Design to join the strategic planning team. In this role, you will be deploying your analytical, research and stakeholder engagement skills to provide strategic insights, advice and guidance in the development of institutional and faculty strategies. As the Advisor, you will provide support to the Director, Strategic Planning and other senior team members and stakeholders to provide quality consulting services, conduct research and discovery, and design strategic outcomes. You will use your strong relationship and communications skills to partner with senior stakeholders across portfolios, faculties and other communities in the delivery of university strategies.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- partner with senior stakeholders across portfolios, faculties and other communities in the design, development and implementation of strategy
- deliver appropriate and fit-for-purpose consultation, design and implementation advice to senior stakeholders
- analysis and synthesis of concepts and outputs from engagement, research and strategy design work into strategic insights
- excellent high-level strategic insight and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to interpret and integrate complex data and provide advice and direction to senior management
- comfort in ambiguous settings and able to manage competing demands with the ability to design tangible outcomes from strategic ideas and concepts
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership skills
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- awareness of emerging and effective sector-related trends, including the research and education policy and funding landscape and performance nationally and internationally, together with government objectives and priorities.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 20 June 2023 11:59 PM