Operational Support Officer
- Fixed term until Dec 24 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 4 | $66,844 - $72,093 p.a.
- Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country
- View Position Description
About Flinders Rural and Remote Health NT
At Flinders Rural and Remote Health NT, our aim is to be a hub for innovative health research, education, and workforce development across the Northern Territory. We engage with students, community, and stakeholders to provide critical programs, such as the Northern Territory Medical Program, Paramedicine, Rural Clinical School, and the University Department of Rural Health.
Our postgraduate education pathways (Remote Health Practice program), provides workforce development through Indigenous health and clinical skills training, and we have a community driven research program led by researchers committed to improving health outcomes. We work alongside Poche SA+NT focusing on Indigenous leadership capacity development and developing the Indigenous health workforce. All activities are driven by our values which focus on the long-term and short-term needs of the NT community.
Flinders in Alice Springs (Arrernte Country)
Alice Springs / Arrernte Country is an important gateway for exploring the Red Centre and through the Flinders’ footprint across the Australian Central Corridor. We aim to improve the health outcomes of people in remote communities through high-quality education, training, and research with a focus on Remote Health. We have campuses in Alice Springs at the Centre for Remote Health, and at the Rabuntja Building in the Alice Springs Hospital Grounds. We have several exciting activities in Alice Springs, including the Northern Territory Medical Program, Student activities and events, Research in Remote Health, and the Student Placement Program, among more (please see here).
About the Role
We are seeking an Operational Support Officer to join our Rural and Remote Health team in Alice Springs. Responsible for the day-to-day contact of the Campus, you will assist staff, students, contractors, and public visitors with the use of resources and facilities as requested. Our Operations Support Officer will be involved in a diverse range of operational support activities including support to the Facilities Manager NT and executive support through diary management, room bookings, meeting agendas and documentation, and room setup for onsite staff and visiting guests. Under routine direction, the incumbent will play an important part of community, staff, and student engagement onsite at Flinders in Alice Springs.
To be successful as the Operational Support Officer we are looking for an organised, co-operative, and patient team member. Able to exercise judgement to solve problems, a commitment to customer service and support will be part of your nature. You will have a sound knowledge of administration, Microsoft Office tools and event organisation. For this position, a Northern Territory Driver’s License is required.
In more detail, we would look for a candidate who can demonstrate:
- Completion of a Diploma or relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to produce quality documentation.
- An ability to work with people across different sites and from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
Northern Territory Government legislation (the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007) now requires all individuals in child related employment or whose duties involve, or are likely to involve, contact with a child, to hold a valid 'Working with Children Clearance' (Ochre Card). This position involves child related work and is assessed as requiring a Working with Children Clearance/Ochre Card.
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- A Northern Territory Driver’s License
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Amy Schulz
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Drivers Licence - Government of the Northern Territory, National Police Certificate - Australian Federal Police, Ochre Card - Government of the Northern Territory
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
21 June 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.