Student Administration Services Assistant
- Fixed Term for 6 months | Part Time at 0.8 FTE
- Higher Education Officer Level 4 | $66,844- $72,093 p.a. prorated.
- Total Salary Package including 17% Superannuation | $78,207- $84,348 p.a. prorated.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About Student Administration Services (SAS):
Student Administration Services (SAS) provides support across the student and teaching lifecycles, from enrolments to graduation. Defined by two interconnected levels of service: the College SAS teams and the University-wide SAS teams, work collaboratively to deliver simple, timely, efficient, and innovative student administration services and advice to both students and staff.
About the Role
Students are at the heart of Flinders – we’re focused on supporting their exceptional learning experience and equipping them with the skills to succeed as enterprising graduates. Flinders University now invites you to join our vibrant and highly- skilled Student Administration Services team to provide quality administration support for a range of student, teaching and learning activities in the College.
You will be a well-organised administrator who will actively contribute to a quality client service culture, striving to consistently produce high standards of service to students and staff. Complemented by your excellent customer service, you will address and resolve routine internal and external queries from students, academics, and the public in accordance with university policies and procedures.
More specifically, in this role you will also:
- Manage day-to-day College administration by administering student data in university systems.
- Assist Topic Coordinators with the preparation and administration of topics and course development activities in the College as required.
- Assist with the ongoing review of business processes and systems for enhanced innovative business practices and an improved student experience across a range of student administration activities.
You will an excellent verbal and written communicator, with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills to easily collaborate and develop strong collegial relationships with students, staff and stakeholders. As a motivated self-starter, you will successfully work independently and collaboratively to deliver operational services in a fast-paced, high volume matrix team environment. You will harness your sound initiative and organisational skills to effectively manage and prioritise your workload while consistently achieving quality outcomes.
Your knowledge of contemporary administrative systems, software, and practices will give you the ability to interpret and apply a range of relevant policies and procedures within a complex organization. To be successful in this role, you will confidently operate a suite of contemporary IT programs and have completed a degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Jacqui Troath, College Manager.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
21 June 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.