Brian and Ann Dooley Early Career Research Fellowship
Job no: 0045621
Location: Hospital Based - Carlton
Role type: Part-time (0.4 FTE); Fixed-term for 12 months
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Dental School
Salary: Level B – $114,645 - $136,136 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus 17% super
- Research-focused position in oral health and dentistry with the opportunity for exceptional performance-based funding.
- Join a prestigious team, work on cutting-edge projects, and build your academic profile through publications and collaborations.
- $114,645 - $136,136 p.a., plus 17% super, and benefits!
About the Role
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and ambitious early career researcher to join the prestigious Melbourne Dental School as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, preferably with research expertise in Dental Materials or Oral Epidemiology. With a strong focus on oral health and dentistry, this fellowship offers a unique platform to advance your research career. We are currently looking for an individual who has a background in either Oral Epidemiology or Dental Materials research. Our ideal candidate will have the opportunity to engage in innovative projects and contribute to the advancement of these fields. This role offers the chance to build your academic profile by publishing research findings and fostering collaborations with other experts in the field.
Your responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with senior academic staff, develop and lead a program of research in a strategically relevant discipline.
- Lead preparation of research outputs such as manuscripts, abstracts, presentations
- Identify sources of research funding and contribute to the preparation of proposals for internal and external research grant opportunities.
Who We Are Looking For
You excel in interpersonal communication, both written and verbal, and thrive in collaborative environments, meeting deadlines and achieving project goals as part of a team. Your passion for English-language academic writing drives you to deliver exceptional results.
You will also have:
- A relevant doctoral degree awarded within the last five years in the broad field of Oral Health/Biomedical Sciences research.
- Research track record commensurate with opportunity including impactful publications in key journals and presentations at national and international conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to attract competitive external funding for research and scholarship commensurate with opportunity.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge of the research field and ability to articulate vision for progress.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – “Melbourne Dental School“
The Melbourne Dental School boasts state-of-the-art facilities in three clinical and research laboratory buildings. Our mission is to make significant strides in preventing and curing infectious, inflammatory, and immune diseases, ultimately improving global human health. By fostering collaborations with prestigious research institutes, industry partners, and governments worldwide, we possess the necessary research capacity to tackle major health challenges and address critical research inquiries. Our vibrant research environment offers exceptional opportunities for postgraduate research higher degrees, allowing candidates to thrive and contribute to our track record of translating research into clinical practice and policy. Join us in making a lasting impact on dental and oral health through groundbreaking research.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community. For more information, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We recognise that reconciliation is central to our purpose. For more information, please visit our Reconciliation page.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Applications close: 20 June 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0045621_Brian and Ann Dooley Early Career Research Fellowship_PD.pdf