Research Assistant (Environmental Studies)
Yale-NUS College is a highly selective liberal arts and science college in Singapore. Co-founded by Yale University and the National University of Singapore, the College is committed to excellence in research and teaching in a full residential programme that integrates living and learning. Its curriculum educates students in Asian and Western intellectual traditions as well as current scientific thought.
We invite motivated and independent candidates to apply for the position as Research Assistant at Yale-NUS College. The successful candidate will perform High throughput microbial DNA sequencing, data analysis and all associated steps. The candidate will assist to produce figures for publication and contribute to manuscript preparation (where appropriate) and assist in the supervision of undergraduate research projects.
The candidate will be offered a one-year contract.
- A Bachelor degree in Environmental Studies, or a related subject
- Experience working with DADA2, ggplot2 & phyloseq
- Must be familiar with multiple DNA library preparation techniques (e.g., Illumina, Nanopore & PacBio) and routine molecular lab skills (e.g., PCR, Pipetting, DNA extraction etc).
- Must have experience analysing DNA sequence and DNA amplicon data (e.g., 16S, ITS & 18S)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
Equal Opportunity Employer
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to these values. For more information about the College, please visit https://www.yale-nus.edu.sg.
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
Candidates should understand that by sharing information with Yale-NUS, they authorise the College to use their personal data for the purposes of this application. The College will not use their data for other purposes and ensure that their data remains secure and confidential.
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of 3 references
- Academic Transcript
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yale-NUS College
Department : Division of Science