Postdoctoral Researcher – Freshwater Turtle Conservation
- Full time
- Fixed Term – 18 months
- Albury/Wodonga Campus
- Home to world-class research critical to rural and regional communities
About the position
This position is based within the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE) at La Trobe University’s Albury-Wodonga (AW) campus. CFE is one of 13 Research Centres within the School of Agriculture, Biomedicine and Environment (SABE) and a major focus of research at the AW campus.
The successful applicant will drive and develop field research projects aimed at monitoring turtle populations and testing methods to protect freshwater turtle nests at sites managed by the project partners, four of which are within 1 hour drive of Wodonga.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation in vertebrate or freshwater ecology or conservation.
- Strong record of publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals, conference presentations, and/or government reports in the relevant discipline area.
- High level analytical capability with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in long term field ecology or conservation research, preferably in freshwater systems.
- Demonstrated experience with capture-mark-recapture, animal telemetry, or similar field ecological approaches.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Monday 3rd July 2023
Position Enquiries: James Van Dyke E: J.VanDyke@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.