Motivated and hands-on individual who will assist with field surveys and mariculture.
Job Scope includes:
- Assist with breeding and mariculture of crustaceans
- Assist with laboratory experimental work
- Assist with field surveys which may occur after office hours
- Due to the nature of work, staff may be required to come in after office hours and on weekends
- Maintenance and housekeeping of aquaria and field equipment
- Assist with procurement and general administrative duties
- Data analysis and report writing/scientific paper writing
- Other duties as and when assigned
Work location is St John’s Island National Marine Laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, with majors in Biology, Zoology, or equivalent
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Some experience with animal husbandry and fieldwork is an advantage
- Must be comfortable handling live and dead animals
- Strong interest in marine science is an advantage
- Use of basic computer software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Able to work in a team and independently.