Research Laboratories Projects Specialist
(RL Projects Specialist) -(Research Laboratories Operations)
The Projects Specialist provides technical expertise in the creation of project plans for all phases such as infrastructure and laboratory development.
He/she will work closely with the Director, Research Laboratories, Facilities, Environment, and Health in the development, effective communication, and monitoring of project plans and administrative activities.
- Lead the development of project plans and schedules and identify and implement appropriate scheduling methods and techniques in all phases of the project.
- Lead the development of a progress measurement system to ensure proper implementation of project and time control functions.
- Direct the laboratory space utilization tracking system to manage space assignments, occupancy, and utilization.
- Review, analyze and monitor project plans and schedule compliance levels.
- Ensure that HSE policies and guidelines are implemented in the project in coordination with the KU EHS team.
- Identify and communicate critical issues and/or risk to the project team that may impact the delivery of project deliverables to establish mitigation measures.
- Identify reasons for completion shortfalls.
- Review the scope of work for the different work packages, and coordinate the same with the stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Maintain organized files and records that facilitate information retrieval as required.
- Assist in preparation of miscellaneous presentations, reports and documents, gather information, and provide ad-hoc administrative support when requested.
- Prepare budgetary estimates in coordination with relevant stakeholders in the projects.
- Monitor and follow up on daily progress with different stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Arrange scheduled meetings to discuss and monitor progress and to facilitate coordination amongst stakeholders; prepare meeting minutes.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science and/or Project Management.
- Extensive work experience in planning or project management for research facility projects.
- Certified Planning & Scheduling and/or active membership in a professional institution is preferred and an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and other planning & scheduling software.
- Must be fluent in English both written and speaking with good communication and organization skills.
A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time