Senior Operations Manager
Estates & Campus Services
Paisley with travel to other UWS campus locations as required
REQ002136 – Senior Operations Manager
Grade 7: £47,047 - £52,841 per annum
Full time - 35 hours per week, Permanent
THE POST – Senior Operations Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join the University of the West of Scotland to work across our campuses providing professional and excellent communication skills to a variety of internal and external customers.
Working within Campus Services, the Campus Support team provide a high quality support service to all colleagues within the Directorate and other wider University stakeholders ensuring an exceptional student and visitor experience and maintaining a positive image of the University. This role is varied and will provide an opportunity to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from across the University and beyond.
Reporting to the Head of Campus Services, the post-holder will have overall leadership and direct responsibility for the management, control and co-ordination of: Student Residences, Catering & Hospitality and, Sales teams within the Directorate of Estates & Campus Services. The role requires high levels of engagement and enthusiasm both internally and externally.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification
- Full, current driving licence
- Evidence of successfully managing a commercially driven, customer service orientated environment with significant and relevant leadership, team, and change management experience – ideally with some experience of sales and marketing management within the hospitality sector
- Experience of successful management of diverse staff groups across commercial functions
- Experience of operating with a high degree of credibility at a managerial level within an organisation
- Professional experience in commercial services management, with in depth knowledge of Accommodation and Catering operations-related regulations and legislation
- Experience of Financial accountability at a managerial level in managing budgets and resources
- Evidence of the ability to successfully meet challenging targets and planned objectives
- Evidence of devising, developing, and delivering business plans and creating business opportunities
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day of annual leave for your Birthday
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Friday 16th June 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th June 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.