- Full time, continuing opportunity as an Events Manager
- Key role leading a team in executing high-quality domestic and onshore international events
- Base Salary $129,847 - $137,008 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Events Manager will manage an Events and Projects team and will oversee the execution of high-quality domestic and onshore international events from conception through to completion. The Events Manager will develop and implement risk management and mitigation plans to ensure events comply with relevant health and safety and child-related regulations. Post-events, the Manager will provide detailed reporting and analytics on the successes and develop and propose changes if necessary as well as provide reporting required for relevant funding bodies on outcomes of key equity programs.
This role leads the annual Domestic Recruitment and Access events program, provides strategic management of events and related resources, and provides guidance to implement all onshore student recruitment events and key outreach programs. The successful candidate will have a willingness to work flexible hours to attend various recruitment campaigns and events.
- extensive experience managing large scale events or major projects in a large and complex organisation
- proven experience leading and mentoring a team of professionals to work as part of a highly effective, motivated and outcome-driven team, contributing to team performance targets, and sharing and adopting best practice
- highly developed stakeholder management skills with the ability to confidently liaise with a broad range of stakeholders
- strong organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to drive a team to meet deadlines and adapt to changing work methods
- experience in high quality report writing, and managing event administration using event management or project management software
- current Driver's licence and willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 12 June 2023 11:59 PM