Research Assistant (Institute for Environment and Sustainability)
Research Assistant (The Institute for Environment & Sustainability (IES) @ the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore)
IES is looking for proactive and enthusiastic candidates for full-time research assistants to be part of our growing team focused on building climate and sustainability policy design, policy dialogues, and transition pathways in Singapore, Southeast Asia, Asia, as well as within transnational and global governance initiatives.
Research assistants will engage not only in research projects but also in our ongoing efforts to further develop the Institute including carrying out seminars, workshops, and policy dialogues.
The job scope includes:
- Assisting in events management for the Institute
- Supporting the PIs with research /project administration within the Institute
- Supporting ongoing applied research projects on water policy/governance conducted in the Institute, including:
- The conduct of literature reviews
- Design, preparation and execution of research studies
- Analysing research data (qualitative / quantitative) and packaging them into sections of a report
- Manuscript preparation for publication/reports
- Able to start soon
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or another social science discipline, with shown interest in water and/or environmental issues
- Demonstrated rigour in literature review and report writing
- Demonstrated research skills in conducting quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated experience in project/research administration and management
- Able to commit to meeting timelines/work milestones and able to multi-task
- Live and be allowed to work in Singapore
The contract is renewable for 1 year after 3 months of probational period.
The Institute for Environment & Sustainability (IES) @ the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore is a university-based think tank devoted to helping advance fit-for-purpose policy solutions for Southeast Asia’s most pressing environmental and sustainability challenges.
Our aim is to aid governments and private sectors close the gap between sustainability commitments and actual outcomes by informing and equipping policymakers with the latest innovative thinking. We empower agents of change to identify, design, and trigger effective policy pathways by generating Original Research, Stakeholder Dialogue, and Capacity Building.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Institute of Water Policy
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19106