Laboratory Engineer, Aerospace Engineering
Laboratory Engineer – Aerospace Engineering Job Location: Abu Dhabi Organization: Khalifa University Department: Aerospace Engineering Department
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and order of new equipment, setup and maintenance of existing devices, follow-up on consumables, in collaboration with faculty members.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotations for equipment and consumables that need to be ordered for all departmental laboratories. - Maintain and calibrate all laboratory equipment, in coordination with the equipment vendors. - Set up equipment for performing Undergraduate teaching laboratory experiments, in coordination with laboratory instructor.
- Supervise and assist students working in Departmental laboratories and projects.
- In collaboration with the Health and Safety Department, development of Health and safety procedures for all laboratories in agreement with the best practices.
- Prepare Departmental laboratories for annual internal and external audits, and diligently work on points raised during audits.
- Maintenance and development of the Educational laboratories: inventory, maintenance of the equipment, preparation of the equipment for each new semester, new orders in collaboration with faculty members.
- Monitoring of the access to and use of all Departmental laboratories.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for all equipment and consumable items, using the Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Work with Aerospace Engineering Department faculty and staff members to prepare annual Procurement plans and Department budgets.
- Handle Senior Design Project (SDP) budget by keeping track of funds allocated to all teams working on SDPs.
- Conduct Safety Induction for first-time users of various Aerospace Engineering Department laboratories.
- Proctoring of Undergraduate and Graduate level examinations.
Good to have Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with various 3D printing machines for printing parts needed by faculty and students working on SDPs or course projects.
- Familiarity with Computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Familiarity with Workshop processes and machines like bending, stress testing and fatigue testing.
- Familiarity with Composites in general, and ability to work with various machines and processes used in Composites laboratory like Hot press, Resin infusion, UTM machine and DMA machine.
- Masters’ degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Previous experience and familiarity with tasks listed in the above sections, are very beneficial.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Lab Engineer
Job Type: Full-time