Digital Marketing Specialist
- Full time, fixed term for 12 months
- Exciting opportunity to improve and optimise the University's web platforms
- Base Salary $100,032 - $108,979 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Digital Performance Team as a Digital Marketing Specialist. The role is responsible for taking a data-driven approach to how we optimise and personalise audience experiences across our websites and major digital channels. By leveraging your broad digital marketing experience, you'll play an important role in delivering measurable improvements in the performance of our digital marketing strategy. Your key responsibilities will include:
- ongoing performance optimisation of key University of Sydney pages and sites using data and insights
- managing digital projects to enhance the user experience of the University web platform
- supporting a digital advertising pilot focused on prospective students in international markets
- conceptualising and executing A/B tests and website personalisation activities to improve user experience
- ensuring content across the University's most trafficked sites is audience-driven, optimised for SEO, and follows the University's web content principles.
- data-driven marketer with experience working with a variety of digital marketing channels
- strong analytical mindset who's comfortable using data to identify trends and insights, enabling you to make data-driven decisions
- highly proficient using web analytics tools to analyse user behaviour and identify opportunities for improvement (e.g., Google or Adobe Analytics)
- familiar with website experimentation techniques such as A/B testing and conversion rate optimisation (Hands-on experience advantageous)
- familiar with SEO e.g., rankings factors and how to approach optimisation
- familiar with how to measure and optimise the performance of paid digital advertising
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to present data and insights in a clear and concise manner to senior stakeholders
- self-starter who can work independently, but also thrives in a team-oriented environment
- strong project management skills who can manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 15 June 2023 11:59 PM