Student Finance Administrative Officer
Student Services - Student Finance & Financial Support
Location: Avery Hill Campus
Salary: £25,948 to £28,929 plus £5118 London weighting per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Release Date: Thursday 01 June 2023
Closing Date: Thursday 15 June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Student Fees and Financial Support Team pride itself in supporting our students with information and advice on student finance matters to help make informed choices whilst ensuring financial sustainability and growth of the University. We are committed in the promotion of enhanced student experience and success by providing financial support and awareness with the means of tailored resources. In seeking to achieve our objectives, we work in close partnership with key external and internal stakeholders across the university including Faculty academic and professional staff as well as professional services staff and students. The Student Finance Officer role will be central to ensuring that the team operates effectively, coherently and consistently in achieving its objectives.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Support in the delivery of all student finance related activities.
- Be conversant with student finance regulations.
- Support the development and enhancement of Student Finance systems and processes.
- Coordinate student finance information and communications including the student finance web pages, calendar and training activities.
- Provide financial support by signposting, referring students to appropriate services within and external to the University.
- Support in maintaining a strong proactive customer-focused service to student.
Candidates will have experience of working in higher education, or a similar environment and should have:
- Experience of working under pressure and managing priorities.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to organise your own work, and the work of others, prioritising workload to meet key deadlines.
- A high degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
This is an exciting time to be part of the University’s strategic plans (This is our time: University of Greenwich Strategy 2021- 2030 | Documents ) through the delivery of professional services.
We are able and keen to offer flexible working options (which might include home working as well as on campus working). If you thrive in a fast-paced role and are committed to delivering a high-quality service, we would love to hear from you.
Further details of the fantastic benefits and what we offer can be found here: Our benefits - what we offer | Jobs and careers | University of Greenwich
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Zeyna Fall, Senior Student Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any recruitment related queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on email@example.com
The university welcomes people from diverse and underrepresented communities who can help the university to achieve its mission.
We do this through taking positive action such as encouraging applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled and LGBT+ people. As part of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Time to Change Employer Pledge/Mentally Healthy Universities, we are committed to promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of all our staff, and removing barriers to improve inclusion.
We encourage applicants to disclose experience of mental health problems so we can support them fully during our recruitment process and make any necessary reasonable adjustments. Any information disclosed will be kept confidential and separate from the job application form.
We are making significant strides to understand and continuously improve our employees’ experience and we are committed to implementing progressive diversity talent management.