Senior Administrative Officer
Office of the Academic Registrar
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £28,929 to £33,348 Per Annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 15 June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are seeking a highly motivated person to join the Faculty of Environmental and Life Sciences (FELS) as Senior Administrative Officer and the Faculty of Medicine (FMED) in our Curriculum and Quality Assurance (CQA) Teams. The CQA Team provides high level guidance and supports all regulatory aspects of Taught and Research programmes associated within our Faculties.
What you will do:
Working closely with the CQA Team Leader, key academic staff and other professional services, your main duties will be to apply a detailed understanding of Curriculum and Quality Assurance policies, processes and systems, ensuring that activities are delivered accurately, efficiently and by agreed deadlines, and to identify potential improvements for further investigation. Duties will include.
- Management of Academic Appeals; Complaints; and Academic Integrity Procedures
- Management of Annual Reporting processes
- Working with academic staff to support provision and development of curriculum information
- Coordinating and supporting Programme Approval and Review Events
- Appointment of external examiners, collation of reports and feedback to external examiners
- Support for Committees, servicing, taking forward actions where appropriate
- Supervision of the day-to-day work of Level 2B Administrative Officers.
About you – you will
- be an excellent team player with broad relevant work experience and a proven ability to work proactively;
- be well organised and adaptable, taking a proactive approach to identify process, system and service improvements through the development of constructive relationships with key stakeholders;
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- have excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements;
- be flexible and willing to undertake other duties as required by relevant colleagues;
- have experience of processing and analysing data sets using multiple systems;
- be a competent user of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
What we can offer you
- We support a flexible approach to work, including the ability to work from home 3-4 days per week
- Generous Holiday allowance of 20 days annual leave rising to 24 after 4 years plus 8 bank holidays and 6 additional holidays (closure days)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Excellent Family Friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Sacrifice benefits including: AXA Private Healthcare, BUPA Dental Plan, Cycle scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Discounted access to University Sport and Wellbeing facilities
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Furthermore, the University is a fantastic place to work – regardless of what life stage you are at, you will be a valued member of our CQA team
We are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We select candidates on the basis of merit and ability and aspire to thrive in the diversity of our workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates with an interest in the role and those who are committed to helping us create an inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+; and people with disabilities.
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote the advert reference on all correspondence.