Lecturer in Patisserie (FE)
Salary: £33,348 - £40,745 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: 16-06-2023 12 Midday
The Birmingham College of Food is currently looking for a skilled lecturer in patisserie. Our practical kitchens have the state-of-the-art equipment to enable to teach learners the most recent and current practices replicated in the industry. These fantastic facilities make for impressionable learning opportunities for our Further Education learners.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Experience of teaching or training students or employees within a professional setting
- Exceptional Patisserie skills
- An ability to manage and motivate students or employees
- High levels of organisational and administrative skills.
So, if you are looking to contribute to the next generation of expert Patisserie professionals, this is the perfect role for you…
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contribution – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
Closing Date - Friday 16 June 2023 at midday Standard information:
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick - Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.