- Full time, Continuing position for a Senior Manager to lead in Commercial Advisory
- Fantastic opportunity to join the University's Financial Planning, Analytics and Commercial team
- Offering a competitive remuneration package plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Financial Planning, Analytics & Commercial team perform a crucial function in contributing to the development, implementation and support of the University Long Term Planning and Financial Forecasting Process, as well as providing commercial insight and assessment for key decisions made by the University.
This is an exciting opportunity for an insightful, practical and experienced, strategic Senior Manager to join the Commercial Advisory team at the University of Sydney, to develop lead, and execute on key commercial decision support functions including business cases, commercial assessments and long range financial plans, and primarily in support our Commercial Advisory division within Financial Planning, Analytics and Commercial business unit.
The Commercial Advisory team is responsible for the provision of commercial assessments, advice and insight for the University. Collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues, the team conducts strategic and commercial analysis to enable effective, consultative engagements across other units of the University aligned to best practice decision making.
The Senior Manager - Commercial Advisory is the 'second in charge' of the Commercial Advisory team, responsible for managing teams and projects to deliver a number of critical programs and initiatives relating to financial modelling, business partnering initiatives, commercial assessments, and the costing of University activities to ensure the long-term financial viability of the University.
This Senior Professional Staff opportunity includes the scoping, management, and delivery of these projects under the broad direction of the Associate Director; the successful candidate will provide input and advice for solving strategic and operational issues, takes a strong leadership approach mentoring best practice within the team, investigates potential risks and opportunities within the University operations, and carries out analyses and feasibility studies, making recommendations to senior and executive colleagues.
The successful individual for this position will have extensive experience, specialist/technical knowledge, and analytical abilities to drive strategic consultation at both an executive and operational level, be highly networked, and adopt a business partnering approach within the Commercial Advisory business unit.
- highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to influence outcomes and develop working relationships in a mutually valuable and sustainable way
- high quality team leadership and management skills, as well as an agile and flexible approach that can pivot and contribute to overall team success
- demonstrated project and program management experience and delivery as well as skills in process mapping, function design and implementation of technical solutions
- strong, well developed and demonstrated commercial acumen to identify and investigate commercial situations and decisions, with ability to diagnose and navigate complex business solutions for valuable continuous improvement and high-quality decision support
- experience in strategic development, creation, implementation, and utilisation of driver based financial modelling, strategic business partnering and commercial assessment frameworks
- extensive experience in a senior role within a commercial or advisory function in a large, complex organisation, demonstrating commercial assessment capability across a breadth of situations and decisions
- significant experience in liaising with and providing strategic advice and decision support to senior stakeholders whilst working within the confines of process, governance, and compliance requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
Should applicants be successful to progress post first interview stage, please note an additional Case Study assessment will be required.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Stacey Nipper, Recruitment Operations, by email at Stacey.Nipper@sydney.edu.au
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 12 June 2023 11:59 PM