Event Project Manager
BMI is the world leader of student recruitment events and is expanding their portfolio of international events in Asia, The Middle East, Brazil, and Spanish-speaking Latin America.
We have a terrific opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career and is excited about working for an industry-leading company that is young at heart and ambitious in its expansion. We are looking for an experienced Events Project Manager with at least three years’ experience to organise and manage our consumer and business in-person and virtual student related events.
To succeed in this role, you will need a strong background in the B2C/B2B events industry handling large scale events and conferences, with hands-on experience in marketing and operations, backed up by strong customer service and attention to detail.
We’re looking for a great team player, who has experience and can confidently coordinate teams to make sure we keep producing brilliant events across the globe. You will be able to communicate clearly, effectively, and passionately so that everyone is aligned on each project - making sure everyone has a clear brief of what’s expected from them. You’ll be ambitious and full of drive and excited about coming up with a creative approach to each project and a detailed plan
for delivering it. You will want to deliver the best event every time whilst helping the company to grow.
As an Event Manager, you will plan, co-ordinate and deliver in-person events in Asia and the Middle East. As part of our crucial events team, you will work directly with an Event Director to ensure successful and on-time delivery of our events.
The role covers different areas, and some key requirements are:
- Event Operations and Logistics
- Regular international travel is required to Asia and The Middle East
- Responsible from initial planning to execution to on the day delivery of our events
- Managing clients, visitors, partners, sponsors, presenters and a local on the ground team
- Extremely well organised and ensure quality stays high, even when the deadlines are tight
- Sourcing, negotiation, and contractual arrangements with international venues and third-party contractors
- Working with a team of event professional and overseeing and provide input on content and graphics
- Creation of exhibitor packs, show documents, information sheets, manuals, timetables, etc., and ensure media assets are properly organized and distributed
- Assist international clients attending our events with everything from printing to hotel bookings
- Working across general logistics to ensure the events run smoothly and successfully
- Managing an event budget and regular reporting to the event director
- Researching, contacting, and negotiating with potential media partners relevant to our events
- Negotiating with media channels who may be interested in advertising and promoting our events
- Creating and implementing a strategy for promoting our events to parents and students at local schools, universities, higher education institutions and to partners.
- Providing creative input on digital and print advertising
- Managing and regular updates to our events’ websites
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong written and spoken English
- Robust skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and adaptable to learning new software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event organisation
- Organised, committed, responsible, detail-oriented, and very self-disciplined
- Ability to travel overseas when required
- International language and experience in the education sector is an advantage
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.