Sports Administration Coordinator
Professional Services – Sport
Sport Administration Coordinator
Grade 3: £22,630 to £25,285 per annum (pro-rata)
Fixed Term, Part time: 21 hours per week
Work Pattern will be as follows: Wednesday - Friday 9.00 – 5.00
THE POST - Sport Administration Coordinator
University of the West of Scotland (UWS) have an exciting opportunity for a Sport Administration Coordinator to join their team, to work in an innovative modern university, with 4 vibrant campuses across the West of Scotland as well as a campus in Central London.
Working as part of the Team UWS Sport team, this role will undertake the day-to-day work associated with Team UWS with a particular emphasis on financial systems and fixture administration. The role will also provide operational and logistical administrative support to Team UWS and wider UWS Sport department activities and functions. Strict deadlines are required to be adhered to for many aspects of the work, although ad hoc requests and queries may take priority over planned tasks.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Proven experience in providing an administrative service within an academic or sporting setting.
- Experience of manipulating information systems and producing associated reports
- Ability to operate as the lead point of contact for areas of responsibility, providing guidance as appropriate.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate ideas to a diverse audience.
- Commitment to excellence of service delivery and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities and multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
You will be responsible for the administration and financial support to a variety of Team UWS sports clubs, individual athletes, activities, and events. This will involve administration and financial systems processes to help support the delivery of sporting activities as well as being a key contact with wider UWS colleagues and partner organisations. You will be expected to manage your own work with minimal supervision, prioritising the workload within set guidelines and using your initiative in day-to-day activities.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further
- 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day of annual leave for your Birthday
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
If you would like to join the team on this exciting journey, apply today!
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Thursday 15th June 2023
Interview Date: Friday 23rd June 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.