Professor, Graduate School of Public Policy
Nazarbayev University Profile
Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional university, partnering with some of the most recognized names in international higher education. Admission to NU is highly competitive; the student body is selected from the top high schools throughout the country and region.
Graduate School of Public Policy Profile
The Graduate School of Public Policy (GSPP) at Nazarbayev University, invites applications to join our international faculty and to share in our vision of becoming the leading public policy school in the Central Asia region. Candidates should have the requisite teaching, research and public policy experience to contribute to curriculum development, innovative pedagogy and international scholarship. Experience with public sector organizations, consultancies with international organizations, leadership in the development of relevant educational institutions and teaching experience in Asia will be regarded as strong additional qualifications.
NU GSPP enrolled its first students in 2013 and offers degree programs in Master in Public Policy, Master in Public Administration and PhD in Public Policy. The School’s partner institution is the National University of Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. Our Master programs have achieved full accreditation from the European Association for Public Administration Accreditation (EAPAA).
NU GSPP is devoted to recruiting and strengthening diversity in its Faculty composition. NU GSPP believes that welcoming people from underrepresented backgrounds strengthens intellectual depth and offers multiple perspectives.
Applications are particularly invited from candidates with an established record of research and teaching in the following areas:
- Macroeconomic Policy
- Urban and Transport Policy
- Health and Social Policy
- Crisis and Emergency Management
- PhD in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science or a related discipline with a public policy focus
- Relevant academic teaching and research experience: Full Professor – at least 2 years at full professor or 5 years at associate professor level
- International research profile – Publications in reputable international peer reviewed journals on policy-relevant topics; success in attracting competitive funding; awards and prizes from relevant professional/academic associations
Application Procedure: Candidates should submit the following documents in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file)
- Cover letter indicating rank of position applied for
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three referees
- Teaching dossier including teaching evaluations
- Samples of course outlines
- Brief statement of past and current research
- A three- and five –year renewable contract
- Internationally competitive salary
- Furnished accommodation
- Two annual home round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents
- Education allowance for faculty member’s children
- International health insurance