Research Publications Associate
- Reports to Director of Engagement and Impact
- Full-time, permanent ongoing position
- Friendly and high-performing team
Optimise the United States Studies Centre (USSC) impact through frequent publishing of snappy and salient research content and providing editorial support for all major research publications. Be the driving force behind compelling EDMs and work with research teams to maximise reach and results for research and programs.
Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Impact, the incumbent will support the Centre's publications through:
- drafting short and highly-read analytical pieces and EDMs in support of the Centre's research outputs;
- promoting the work of the Centre to media for major publications, events and projects;
- managing the Centre's EDM campaigns including production of the majority of the content, editing and distribution;
- providing copyediting support for review of publications in coordination with the Director of Research and Creative and Digital Manager; and
- publishing media and publication content on social channels and website.
The ideal candidate will have superb attention to detail, a "can do" approach, a flair for analytical writing and can quickly find the crux in major research and topics to translate this to a broader audience.
The position offers the opportunity to start your career in research through regular publishing, improving all major reports through strong copyediting and learning how to maximise impact through media outreach. As part of a supportive team, the candidate will be mentored and given opportunities to grow. Ultimately, the successful candidate will play a significant role in ensuring the Centre is an indispensable voice in Australia's foreign policy dialogue.
Applicants should have a degree in international relations, political science or a related field and experience producing and editing written content. Experience with EDMs or digital publishing will be highly-valued.
This role is available as a hybrid-working arrangement.
About the Centre
The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney is a university-based research centre, dedicated to the rigorous analysis of American foreign policy, economics, politics and culture. The Centre is a national resource, that builds Australia's awareness of the dynamics shaping America and their implications for Australia. Our culture is focussed on career progression, diversity, inclusion, mental health and sustainability.
A leading research institute, shaping policy, debate and ideas by deepening understanding of, and strengthening Australia's relationship with the United States.
To make discoveries and draw insights with tangible value for Australian policymakers, businesses, scholars, students and the general public, generated by independent, non-partisan, rigorous research, delivered through communication, teaching and outreach.
Analysis of America. Insight for Australia. Solutions for the Alliance.
- degree qualification in an applicable field (international relations, political science, strategic studies etc.)
- demonstrated ability to produce and edit content that is aligned with communications objectives
- experience, or willingness to learn, pitching and promoting projects and initiatives to media
- excellent analytical and empirical research skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats
- experience producing and editing EDMs for different target audiences
- relevant work experience in a research, think tank or government setting.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Maren Koeck at email@example.com
Sunday 18 June 2023 11:59 PM