Research Assistant, Domain 1
- Full time
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Bundoora Campus
- Work with inspiring people who are driven to make a difference!
About the position
The La Trobe Institute for Sustainable Agriculture & Food (LISAF) is a key strategic initiative that supports La Trobe University’s (La Trobe) world-class research and research training in agriculture, agri-food and medicinal agriculture.
LISAF’s vision is to use a holistic approach to deliver innovative solutions for sustainable and nutritious food production in a resource and climate-constrained world, fostering outcome-focused research and education through its interdisciplinary research domains:
- Farming systems – soils & agriculture,
- Protected cropping –medicinal agriculture & horticulture,
- Fit for purpose seeds,
- Food nutrition & health,
- Food business & food security.
To deliver on this vision, LISAF requires a Research Assistant to further develop research capabilities within Domain 1 (Farming systems – soils & agriculture), particularly in the areas of: - abiotic stress sensitivity for future climates, - the influence of C02 on nutrient content of crops (nitrogen/ phosphorous/ seed protein and micronutrients), and - improved farming practices for soil health and optimised plant/crop outcomes for farmers and consumers.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a degree in agricultural science or chemistry; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated research experience in soil science, agronomy, or relevant field.
- Competency in use and maintenance of research instruments
- Knowledge of general laboratory and field OH&S procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in soil and plant analyses
- Experience in analysis of large and complex data sets.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
What La Trobe University can offer you!
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Thursday 22nd June 2023
Position Enquiries: Caixian Tang E: C.Tang@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.a
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume, including details of 2-3 referees; and
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.