- Fixed term until June 2026 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 4 | $66,844 - $72,093 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the RePaDD Centre and the National Palliative Care Projects
The Research Centre for Palliative Care, Death, and Dying (RePaDD) is nationally known for its research and projects which seek to make a difference to the care provided at the end of life. We do this by examining the issues and challenges experienced by people living with a life-limiting illness, their carers, and the health and social care professionals supporting them. We develop innovative solutions and advance the knowledge and evidence in palliative care to improve society’s experience of death and dying.
We are responsible for national palliative care projects that focus on improving palliative care education and training for the primary care, acute care and aged care workforces and raising awareness of palliative care and advance care planning. This includes the funding for recently announced 2023-2026 national palliative care projects including CareSearch/palliAGED and ELDAC. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in research that makes a difference to individuals, services, organisations, and communities. It is also a chance to work with a highly skilled and committed project team building evidence and developing practice ready knowledge and resources. You will also be able to develop your knowledge and experience in working with researchers with expertise across health and digital health, education, marketing and communications, and community and health services research.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to join Flinders University within the CareSearch Project team!
The CareSearch project combines online palliative care knowledge for health professionals, people needing palliative care, their families, and the community. As the Administrative Assistant you will contribute to this valuable project by providing day-to-day administration and website support to the small CareSearch team. This includes:
- Being the first point of contact for all general enquiries.
- Processing and reconciling accounts for payment in accordance with Flinders University procedures.
- Providing calendar and event support by arranging facility hire, travel arrangements and catering.
- Providing meeting support such as room bookings and minute taking.
- Data entry and preparation of reports.
- Other duties as required.
The key to your success in this role will be your strong communication and organisational skills. You will utilise these skills to liaise effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, work collaboratively and prioritise your workload to ensure deadlines are met.
You will have:
- A diploma with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in using the following software: Basware, Spendvision and Technology One.
- Strong computer skills with extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain databases.
- Experience in working in both the Higher Education Sector, and Health Sector.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit a Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Jodie Thompson.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
National Police Certificate - Australian Federal Police
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
18 June 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.