Senior Category Manager (Estates & Facilities)
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £43,155 to £54,421 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This role has an additional market supplement of up to £3,000 dependent on qualifications / experience
This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Southampton and the Procurement Services Team. The University has launched its new Estates Strategic Plan which will see a significant investment (c£600m) in creating the optimum environment for students to learn, world-class research to take place, and to enable collaboration and innovation. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced category manager, ideally with Estates and Facilities procurement experience, to join our team in a role that will be central to the delivery of this estates strategy.
About the role
- You will be the lead for estates and facilities procurement activity, ensuring compliant procurement which meets business needs and delivers value for money.
- You will develop and implement overarching category plans and detailed procurement strategies covering construction for major and minor works, and Hard and Soft FM services.
- You will lead a small team of Procurement Managers and Procurement Officers to support delivery of procurement requirements
- You will work closely with contract managers to ensure contract performance expectations are met
What you’ll bring
- Experience of delivering end-to-end procurements for large scale capital projects and hard/soft FM service contracts in a regulated and complex environment, ideally with public sector procurement experience
- A high level of commercial acumen
- The ability to build strong, productive relationships across our academic and research staff, professional services and key external suppliers and partners
What we can offer
You will be offered some excellent benefits including:
- 44 days leave per year (including 6 University Closure days and 8 days public holidays)
- A 35 hour working week
- Excellent pension scheme (Employer contributions for USS are currently 21.4% of pensionable pay)
- Hybrid working (based 1-2 days at our lively Highfield campus)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts
- Discounted access to our sports complex
- Supported departmental development opportunities
- Assistance with relocation if applicable
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our institution as well as our people.
We believe equality and diversity are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a vibrant, proud and successful organisation. A diverse workforce, with people from different racial, educational and social backgrounds and a range of ages, opens up a wealth of possibilities for Southampton.
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Eychelle Heywood, Head of Procurement at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Janice Poon (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1672122RR-R6 on all correspondence.