- Reports to COO (government engagement) and Director of Engagement and Impact (corporate engagement)
- Full-time, permanent ongoing, hybrid work
- Friendly and high-performing team
The United States Studies Centre is in an exciting growth phase with new government and corporate engagement strategies set for the next three years. The Engagement Officer will help implement these new strategies to deepen, diversify and embed the Centre's relationship with key government and corporate stakeholders.
Reporting to the COO (for government) and the Director of Engagement and Impact (for corporate), the Engagement Officer will:
- Maintain the Centre's use of Salesforce as a source of truth for contacts, grants, partnerships and government engagement;
- Track and manage project progression for grants, partnerships and government engagement;
- Do market analysis and opportunity scoping;
- Support the preparation of grant applications and funding proposals for corporate and government stakeholders;
- Support the Senior Management Team to secure new corporate partnerships and opportunities with federal and state government; and
- Draft reports to funding bodies of outcomes delivered.
The ideal candidate will have superb organisation skills, a "can do" approach, attention to detail, a passion for data insights and the agility to adapt to evolving plans and priorities.
The Engagement Officer will play a critical role in growing and optimising Centre engagement, improving the sustainability of the Centre through diversifying funding sources and increasing Centre impact through tracking, reporting and embedding an approach to impact throughout a broad range of activities.
This role is available as a hybrid working arrangement.
About the Centre
The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney is a university-based research centre, dedicated to the rigorous analysis of American foreign policy, economics, politics and culture. The Centre is a national resource, that builds Australia's awareness of the dynamics shaping America and their implications for Australia. Our culture is focussed on career progression, diversity, inclusion, mental health and sustainability.
A leading research institute, shaping policy, debate and ideas by deepening understanding of, and strengthening Australia's relationship with the United States.
To make discoveries and draw insights with tangible value for Australian policymakers, businesses, scholars, students and the general public, generated by independent, non-partisan, rigorous research, delivered through communication, teaching and outreach.
Analysis of America. Insight for Australia. Solutions for the Alliance.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong track record of CRM data entry and management, preferably Salesforce;
- Project management skills to ensure the Centre delivers on its commitments to external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative;
- Prior experience in business development, project management or stakeholder relationships management; and
- Advanced computer skills especially across Microsoft Office, CRMs and EDM platforms.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Maren Koeck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday, 4 June 2023