Location: SUZHOU, CHINA
Number of vacancy: 1
Salary grade: COMPETITIVE
Report to: ASSOCIATE DEAN OF LEARNING AND TEACHING
Preferred on-board month: ASAP
Contact E-mail: Ye.Lan@xjtlu.edu.cn
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance to academic staff in their work to build, develop, adapt and source online course content, in accordance with the instructional objectives of the relevant programme.
- Liaise with faculty members in regard to their courses and provide support needed in their modules, materials, assessments, etc., that could be discipline specific.
- Design and deliver training for academic staff in the use of e-learning tools and educational best practice in learning technologies.
- Provide support for academic staff in the creation and maintenance of modules and programmes within the institutional Virtual Leaning Environment (VLE) and other online resources.
- Evaluate new and existing learning technologies and tools for use within the School and University; and keep abreast of developments in best educational practice to identify, evaluate and implement new approaches to teaching and learning.
- Develop and implement methods for evaluating the impact of e-learning tools and modules/programmes in the enhancement of learning and teaching;
- Manage specific projects relating to distance, hybrid and e-learning, ensuring that these meet the strategic objectives of the School and the University.
- Create standards and ensure compliance with templates such as those for presentation materials, course websites and style sheets.
- Coordinate, consult, and collaborate with different internal and external stakeholders to esnure the development of bespoke user, group, and enterprise learning, upskilling, and training solutions as full package services.
- Provide advice on the growth of learning solutions to fit the needs of industry and the university.
- Contribute to the L&T related matters as per the need of school and the university in the request of ADLT.
Including but not limited to:
- Five years of work experience in a sizeableorganisation working with colleagues/customers to deliver value
- Experience of leading successful E-learning projects
- Experience with design and development of videos and animations, including training in best practices
Education, qualifications and training
- Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education or similar. Relevant work experience will also be considered as an alternative.
General and specialist knowledge
- Awareness of and affinity with cultural diversity within an international environment
- Understanding of how technology is used in the delivery of services to students and faculty
- Strong knowledge of media authoring tools and graphic design
- Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design best practices and appropriate learning theory
- Excellent ability to disseminate good practice across campus and effectively communicate complex ideas and engage diverse audiencesSkills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, manage and motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to deliver and initiate change
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks at the same time, and to prioritise tasks/activities effectively, along with the ability to meet deadlines
- Customer and service-focused
- Highly motivated, able to work independently
- Proactive and positive approach
- Resilience to work pressure
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and act with discretion
- Strong team player
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to be flexible over working hours when required