Research Assistant (Paediatrics - Allergy & Immunology)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant in the Division of Allergy & Immunology at the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team, working on a nationwide study to assess immune responses of children to the COVID-19 vaccine. This position offers a stimulating and intellectually enriching environment, providing opportunities for professional growth and development. Appointments will be made on an annual contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will work closely with the Division of Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology team to ensure the smooth running of clinical research studies, in particular, a large nationwide study to assess immune responses of children to the COVID-19 vaccine. His/her primary role will be to perform laboratory assays for biosamples relating to the clinical studies and contribute to increasing and maintaining high quality, scientifically robust research within the Department of Paediatrics, NUS.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will be involved in conducting laboratory assays and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI) and Project Lead.
The Research Assistant will:
- Follow established protocols and perform experiments in an accurate and reproducible manner, including cellular biology techniques such as blood processing, PBMC isolation, whole blood assay to analyze B and T cell responses.
- Prepare samples and buffer and perform other lab duties as required such as laboratory safety management to maintain high level of safety standards for the department.
- Conduct laboratory housekeeping, procurement, and inventory maintenance, maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure smooth running of the department’s laboratory work.
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the Principal Investigator to facilitate other team projects in the department.
The applicant should:
- Have a Degree in Biotechnology/Medical Science/Biomedical Science/Nursing
- Have at least two years of laboratory work experience
- Experience in Immunology research (cellular biology techniques) is desirable
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated, energetic, meticulous and diligent
- Have a positive attitude towards learning and self-development
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail and record keeping
- Have competency in basic computer literacy skills
- Have good manual dexterity skills
Application Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Alicia Kang at email@example.com
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20657